Chelsea stars Diego Costa and Oscar have been involved in an angry training ground bust-up.
The pair clashed furiously after x-rated tackles on one another and had to be separated by team-mates and coaching staff.
It came during Thursday’s morning session at the the Blues ‘ Cobham HQ and was watched by boss Guus Hiddink.
Club sources strenuously deny any punches were thrown, after a witness claimed midfielder Oscar was struck up to three times in the confrontation.
The squad had been involved in a particularly intense training session ahead of the FA Cup third round tie against Scunthorpe this weekend.
Oscar went in on £32million Spain striker Costa with what has been described as a “particularly hefty” tackle, making contact around the knee area.
Costa responded by chasing the midfielder, angrily complaining about the ferocity of the challenge and trying to wrestle the ball away from him.
Play eventually continued, and in a later part of the session Costa responded with an ugly lunge of his own which left Oscar incensed and their team-mates stunned.
The pair then clashed, exchanging angry words before others came between them.
It is understood Oscar came off considerably worse from the two tackles.
But Hiddink is said to be satisfied that the pair have resolved their differences.
Club sources insist the pair were even seen joking as they headed towards the changing rooms together afterwards.
The Brazil international posted on social media: “Those who are saying that me and Diego Costa fought today in training are lying. He is one of my best friends and we would never fight.”
Costa has returned to something like last season’s form since Mourinho left, scoring in two of the subsequent three games.
The Brazil-born Spain international netted two at home against Watford and added another at Crystal Palace on Sunday.
It is the latest controversial incident involving 27-year-old Costa since he moved to the Premier League.
During the draw with Tottenham in November, Costa was pictured throwing his bib in the direction of then-boss Jose Mourinho.
It came after the striker had been dropped to the bench at White Hart Lane before the Blues used up all their substitutes.
He was also said to have been involved in a bust-up with skipper John Terry earlier this season.
Following Mourinho’s axe, Costa was booed by the Stamford Bridge faithful ahead of the home clash with Sunderland.
Costa, who has had a disappointing second campaign in England, was held responsible by some fans for the Portuguese’s departure – along with Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas.
Fabregas himself has also been involved in a training ground row this season in the days leading up to Mourinho’s departure.
The Spaniard is said to have put a late challenge in on youngster Charly Musonda, which resulted in several senior figures having to be separated.