Football seems to be the bright future we all painted in out heads while growing up going by the details of the bogus salaries earned by Chelsea FC footballers in England.
With Diego Costa agreeing to a new four year deal with Chelsea, we take look at the highest paid footballers with the Blues.
John Terry used to be one the highest paid players at the club, but agreed a pay cut at the end of last season to stay with the Stamford Bridge side for one more year.
At the moment, Eden Hazard is the highest paid player at the club along with Diego Costa and Cesc Fabgregas. Sums revealed by the sport review indicate that Nigerian international Victor Moses earns little compared to second choice goalie Asmir Begovic.
Kennedy and Nathaniel Chalobah are the least paid players at the club. The wages earned by Nathan Ake are however not revealed.
Here are the wages of each Chelsea first team star per week;
1. Roman Abramovic – £6.32bn net worth
2. Antonio Conte – £125,000 a week (N48.9m)
3. Eden Hazard – £200,000 a week (N78.2m)
4. Diego Costa – £185,000 a week (N72.3m)
5. Cesc Fabregas – £156,000 a week (N61m)
6. David Luiz – £120,000 a week (N47m)
7. Thibaut Courtois – £120,000 a week (N47m)
8. Willian – £110,000 a week (N43m)
9. N’Golo Kante – £110,000 a week (N43m)
10. Pedro – £100,000 a week (N43m)
11. Michy Batshuayi – £90,000 a week (N35.2m)
12. Nemanja Matic – £90,000 a week (N35.2m)
13. Gary Cahill – £85,000 a week (N33.2m)
14. Cesar Azpilicueta – £70,000 a week (27.3m)
15. Marcos Alonso – £70,000 a week (N27.3m)
16. John Terry – £70,000 a week (N27.3m)
17. Asmir Begovic – £60,000 a week (N23.4m)
18. Victor Moses – £45,000 a week (N17.6m)
19. Kurt Zouma – £40,000 a week (N15.6m)
20. Ruben Loftus-Cheek – £35,000 a week (N13.6m)
21. Eduardo – £10,000 a week (N4m)
22. Kenedy – £5,000 a week (N1.95m)
23. Nathaniel Chalobah – £5,000 a week (N1.95m)
The conversion rate used to translate to naira is one British pounds to 391 Naira.