Thoughts a Man has when his Bride Walks Down the Aisle – The issue of men dating lives are mysterous; men prefer to keep their thought and feelings within them. I’ve never been married, but for the first time in my life, I feel like I’m not, not ready. If I met the right woman, marriage wouldn’t be out of the question though.
Not that I believe that couples need a piece of paper to prove their love to each other or to create a life together, but it is a nice gesture. A gesture women often both want and eventually expect. While many will claim men never really want to get married, the fact is that most do. Not all, but not all men have matured enough to earn the title. Most men still believe the goal of life is to sleep with as many women as possible.
When a boy grows into a man, he understands the triviality of sleeping around. He grows to understand he both wants and needs a partner in his life. Someone he can love, trust and build the future with.
Some men think they are ready when in fact they are not. This is what they call “having cold feet.” Of course, some men will stick it through nonetheless, understanding though they may not know it now, they will one day be incredibly thankful they didn’t decide to be an idiot and call things off. There are, likewise, other men who don’t get cold feet, they don’t even have second thoughts.
In fact, the only thoughts they have when their bride is walking down that aisle are these six thoughts below….
1. “Wow, did I win a jack pot.” – If you’re about to get married, and you don’t feel like you just won the lottery, then chances are the marriage isn’t going to last. That’s not to say you won’t feel that way later down the road, when you come to fully understand what she means to you, but unless you feel like you won something big, you’ll probably go searching for greener grass.
2. “I cant believe I’m settling down, but she is most certainly the one.” – Most men aren’t ready to settle down until their late 30s, if ever. Being willing to say “I do” is not the same as being ready to get married and start a life together. Something most couples seem to overlook and then remedy is via divorce.
If you see your wife-to-be walking down that aisle, you’re likely to be a little shocked you’re in the position you’ve found yourself in. It’s completely understandable. As long as you’re happy you’re standing where you are, about to go down the path you’re about to go down, the shock will pass, and you’ll have a wonderful life ahead of you.
3. “Wow just when I thought she couldn’t possibly look any more beautiful” – A woman marrying the right man never looks more beautiful than she does on her wedding day (lolz, ask the women if am lieing).
A woman’s beauty is directly proportional to her happiness, so it makes sense she looks most beautiful on what presumably is the happiest day of her life. When you see your wife-to-be walking down the aisle, you should be watching her every step of the way, in awe.
You should be in awe of the incredible woman she is and the incredible partner you know she’s going to be.
And that smile..hmmmm
4. “Thank God I didn’t marry my ex.” – Hopefully, your past lovers won’t be popping into mind too much during your wedding, but you are likely to thank your lucky stars for not settling with your ex.
You may finally come to understand why it is things didn’t work out between you and your ex. You didn’t understand it before, but that’s because you hadn’t yet met her, the love of your life. At that very moment, you’re likely to be happy for all those mistakes you made; without them, you wouldn’t be standing where you right now.
5. “This is going to be the happiest day of my life.” – If you’re lucky, you may manage to slow down time just enough for that single moment to feel almost like a lifetime.
We don’t get many moments of such clarity in life, the only real way to find yourself in the moment is to allow yourself to be in the moment. If you do it right, the memory will be so incredibly vivid that you’ll be able to return to it for years to come.
6. “I honestly can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with her.” – This should be the dominating thought ricocheting off the walls of your mind. You should see your fiance’s face and know you are going to have a good life together.
You should be able to look at her and see your future, the memories you’re going to create together and the love you know you will keep alive.
Weddings are a lot of fluff, but when you boil it all down, the only people who matter are the bride and groom. Not the guests. Not the caterer or florist. Not the parents, best men or bridesmaids. This day is all about you and the woman you love. Be excited.