A mid night fire has killed eight family members including their septuagenarian grandmother.
Though the identities of the victims are yet to been known, it was discovered that the family died following a fire that started from their fridge in the kitchen on Tuesday night. The fire according to a resident spread through to the living room and the bedrooms.
According to a mechanic at the Obele area in Surulere-Lagos where the incident happened, the victims included a man, his wife, their aged grandmother, three children and two visitors.
The source who identified himself as Ogedengbe said: “I came to our mechanic’s workshop and I learnt that an Igbo man with members of his family died in a fire.
“They were eight in the house and the fire affected only their apartment and killed all of them. The fire was said to have started from the kitchen. It began from the fridge and spread to all parts of the house choking them to death.
“Neighbors rushed to assist but they couldn’t save them. The fire killed the man, his wife, their three children, their grandmother and two visitors from the east.”