The devastated mother of the deceased twin brothers, who were shot to death alongside their friend last weekend,  by a drunken mobile policeman, in front of Paulson Hotel in Ketu area of Lagos  has refused to eat since the incident.
According to Vanguard sleep has also eluded the 75 year-old woman, who only stares at sympathisers, who throng her relative’s  home  on Ojefemi Street to console her over the loss of her 34-year-old twin children.
It was, however, discovered that the septuagenarian has two daughters, contrary to earlier report that the deceased were her only children.As at yesterday,  she was  moved out  of Ketu to Ogun State by her daughters, following her deteriorating health condition, owing to her refusal to eat and sleep.

Meanwhile, Adesanya Adegoke, popularly known as Jeje, who was shot to death alongside the  twin brothers, had been buried. The remains of the 35-year-old trader, who hailed from Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, was interred in a cemetery around Ikorodu  at 7.24p.m., Sunday.

Vanguard  gathered that  he was buried by the Police, with the consent of  the family.
However,  the corpses of the deceased  twin brothers; Taiwo and Kehinde Oyesunle are at the moment under the Nigerian Navy, NN, custody.  The corpses were reportedly transferred  from the Ikorodu General Hospital morgue to the Nigerian Navy Reference Hospital, Ojo, by some naval personnel, yesterday.

The trio were killed by a trigger happy Mobile policeman, Sergeant Stephen James, following their refusal to buy him a bottle of beer. He thereafter, shot himself.
When Vanguard arrived Ajefemi Street, yesterday, the septuagenarian was sighted coming out from one of the apartments on  6, Ajefemi Street.  She cast a blank stare on everyone around, as she was ushered into a waiting vehicle to take her to Ogun State. Her two daughters and a family member joined her in the vehicle.
Speaking with Vanguard shortly before they left, the septuagenarian’s in-law, Mr. Segun Shodunke, said:

 “I am taking Mama to my house. The incident is so devastating. Taiye and Kehinde were like my biological  children.“Unfortunately, since the incident happened, the Police have not visited to console with Mama. We learned that the Commissioner of Police was at the hotel on Sunday, but he never came here.”

He also denied news that the deceased twins were cultists.
He said:

“Taye was a naval man. He joined the Nigerian Navy about four years ago.  I don’t think a military man can join a cult because  he has access to a gun by the  government. Kehinde  on his part was working at Mega Con Oil station at toll gate, as an account officer.
“Currently, the corpses are  in  Navy custody. They (naval personnel ) came this (yesterday)  morning to take them to their morgue. All we want is justice and I know that government knows what it is supposed to do.”

‘My last moment with Adegoke’
Also on  3, Dairo Street, one of  late Adegoke friends, who claimed to have witnessed his interment, said:


“My friend was buried at exactly 7.24p.m., by some policemen on Sunday. Some of his family members were present.  His family members gave their consent to his being buried because they said they didn’t want trouble.
“The last moment I shared with him (late Adegoke) was a memorable one. He visited  my house that fateful day, which was also his birthday. He came with a pack of food he bought from an eatery. Playfully,  I collected the food from him and ate. Like the easy-going person he was, he never complained. He later left, only for me to receive a call that threw me off balance.
“The  caller informed me that Adegoke had been shot by a policeman. I rushed down to Paulson Hotel, where to my greatest shock, I saw  corpses littered on the ground. I went to Jeje’s body, carried him and shook him vigorously as I called out his name, hoping he would answer. But there was dead silence. I have known him for 20 years. He was an an amiable person.”

Facebook Comments
READ  Chris Brown Hooks Up With Popular Nigerian Model

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.