Former Minister Bashir Yuguda Arrested Over Dasuki-related $2Bn Arms Deal


A former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, has been arrested together with other top officials from the office of the National Security Adviser over the controversial arms procurement scandal surrounding former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

According to Premium Times, Yuguda was arrested in Abuja Monday afternoon, November 30, and has been questioned by detectives.

Multiple sources at the EFCC said a huge amount of money – “running into billions” – meant for arms procurement was allegedly traced to the former minister.

“The funds were directly transferred to him from the NSA office and he has been unable to explain the rationale for the transfer. The transfers were made to his account between December 2014 and May 2015,” one of the sources said.

Yuguda allegedly received N1.5billion from the former NSA’s office through an unnamed company, for unstated purpose.

He also alleged received N1.275billion from Stallion Group during the campaign for the last general election.

Another N775million was also allegedly paid to him from the office of the Accountant General of the Federation for unstated purpose.

Top-ranking staff of the office of the NSA, who worked under Sambo Dasuki, have been also arrested by the EFCC, including the director of finance.

“The suspects are being grilled by crack detectives and may not be allowed to go home soon,” another source said.

The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, comfirmed the arrest, however, said he was yet to be briefed on the matter.

A presidential investigations committee into arms procurement under the Goodluck Jonathan administration had said in its interim report that it found extra-budgetary spending – N643.8 billion and an additional $2.2 billion.

READ  LASU To Reopen On The 24th Of February Three Weeks After Shutdown

However, Dasuki has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, saying all contracts and accruing payments on arms procurement were made based on the approval of Jonathan.

In Washington last week, Jonathan said his government never awarded any contract in the range of $2 billion dollars.

ADVERT How I Increased My small manhood Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That Scattered My Relationship for 2 years. Click HERE For Details.
To Top