Boko Haram terrorists have failed in their latest attempt to capture Buratai, Borno State, the home town of Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Maj-Gen. Tukur Buratai and also the location of a military camp.
The Director Army Public Relations (DAPR) Col. Sani Usman, who confirmed this in a short message Tuesday noted that this is about the fourth time since February 2014 the dreaded group has attacked Buratai.
Usman said that the terrorist invaders had in their desperate attempt to capture the town, struck at about 9.30pm Monday night but were repelled by Nigerian soldiers, returned again at about 3.00am yesterday and were equally pushed back.
He said: “Suspected terrorists made a futile attempt to attack Buratai town in Borno State and military camp located in the area. I am glad to inform you that the gallant soldiers rose to the occasion and dealt.
“They however made concerted effort at about 3.00am this morning which was equally repelled by the gallant soldiers. The situation and town is cool and calm.”
He recalled that the time Boko Haram struck first was in February last year when Gen Buratai was serving as commander of the Joint Task Force in the Niger Delta code-named Operation Puloshield.