$2.1B Arms Scam: Ex- Gov Agrees To Collecting Money, Reveals Amount


Following the ongoing investigation into how the $2.1 billion earmarked for the purchase of weapons for the armed forces to combat Boko Haram terrorists group in the Northern part of the country, a former governor, who was indicted has opened up on the amount he received.

The former governor of Anambra state, Jim Nwobodo.

Premium Times reports that the former governor of Anambra state, Jim Nwobodo, who was named by the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sabo Dasuki, as one of the beneficiary of the arms funds, has denied media reports that he collected N500 million from Ahmed Muazu, former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking with the medium in a telephone interview, on Wednesday, December, 16, revealed that he received the sum of N100 million from the PDP for “campaign logistics” and not from the former NSA.

“I have never met Sambo Dasuki. I know Yuguda as former Minister, that is all. What happened was that I was invited alongside 15 leaders of PDP in the South East to the residence of Ahmed Muazu to collect the money allocated to our zone by the PDP.

“Three party leaders were selected from each of the five states of the South East. I was selected to lead a committee of 15 to collect the N100million, which was shared to each one of us for campaign logistics in our respective states,” he said.

The former governor who is currently in New York for medical attention, insisted that it was his party and not the former party chairman, Mr. Muazu who gave him the money.

READ  Osun State Is Now A Failed State, Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation

“I was surprised to hear that a report quoted me as saying I collected N500million from Muazu. This is sheer lie as I have never previously spoken to any journalist on this issue but today. So how come somebody concocted a figure and attributed it to me? It was PDP as party that shared the money for campaign not for our individual use,”Nwobodo said.

Meanwhile, several chieftains of the ousted former ruling party were linked to sharing of the $2.1 billion meant for the purchase of arms for the country’s security. The money was allegedly disbursed by the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki and a former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda. Messrs. The former NSA, Yuguda are currently standing trial on charges bordering on corruption. had earlier reported that many prominent Nigerians and leaders are being indicted for collecting huge sums of money from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA). it was said that one Ibrahim Idris Wambai, the former accounts officer II revealed that the office of ex-vice president, Namadi Sambo, was on a monthly stipend of N20million from the ONSA, under the watch of Dasuki.

ADVERT How I Increased My small manhood Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That Scattered My Relationship for 2 years. Click HERE For Details.
To Top