Celebrity

Celebrity threesome couple could be unmasked as star tries to gag media (Details)

The celebrity couple trying to keep an extra-martial threesome a secret could be unmasked at 4pm today.

Newspaper editors have asked judges to lift a draconian injunction which is preventing outlets in England and Wales from reporting on a “well-known” man’s night of passion with another couple.

Media outlets wanted to publish an “account” of the married star’s “sexual exploits” with others.

He took legal action and earlier this year two Court of Appeal judges imposed an injunction – preventing the Sun on Sunday newspaper from identifying the man in an article.

Lawyers for News Group Newspapers, publishers of The Sun On Sunday, asked three Court of Appeal judges to lift the ban at a hearing in London on Friday.

Gavin Millar QC, who is leading News Group Newspapers’ legal team, told Lord Justice Jackson, Lady Justice King and Lord Justice Simon that information had now been published outside the jurisdiction of England and Wales and was available to the British public via the internet.

He said that, because of that, the ban should be lifted.

Detail of the case emerged in a ruling by two judges following a Court of Appeal hearing in London earlier this year.

Lord Justice Jackson and Lady Justice King – who had earlier analysed the case – did not identify the man in their ruling but referred to him only as “PJS”.

They said he was “well known”, married and in the entertainment business. They said his spouse – named as “YMA” – was also well-known in the entertainment business. They said the couple had “young” children.

READ  Makeup-free Cossy Ojaikor confesses too much partying has aged her so fast

Lord Justice Jackson said, in the ruling, that the man had appealed after a High Court judge ruled in favour of The Sun On Sunday.

Mr Justice Cranston had refused to impose an injunction following a hearing in January – although he ordered a temporary block on publication pending the hearing of an appeal.

Lord Justice Jackson said he and Lady Justice King had decided to allow the man’s appeal after balancing his human right to respect for family life and the newspaper’s right to free expression.

“News Group Newspapers now seeks to discharge parts of the order,” Mr Millar told judges on Friday.

“Information prohibited by the order has now become available to the public in this jurisdiction via the internet having been published in the United States.”

Mr Millar said the man had been identified in publications in the USA and Scotland, and added: “A number of people in this jurisdiction know the information.”

He said PJS and YMA were “public figures” in the entertainment industry.

Judges were told that PJS could pursue a damages claim against The Sun on Sunday – regardless of whether the injunction was lifted – and a trial could be staged.

But Desmond Browne QC, who is heading PJS’s legal team, said anonymity was the only proper “relief” for his client.

Mr Browne suggested that damages would not be an “effective remedy”.

He said a “substantial” number of people did not know the identity of PJS.

“What is going to happen if the injunction is lifted is that it will be available to everybody,” he added.

READ  Photo: Eniola Badmus Sexy New Look

“Information will become available to people who have not had the inclination to go online and search for it.”

He added: “The media storm would be devastating for (PJS) and for the children if the injunction was lifted.”

Mr Browne also said “remarkable efforts” were being made to remove information from Twitter and Google.

Judges said they would aim to announce their decision at 4pm.

ADVERT How I Increased My small manhood Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That Scattered My Relationship for 2 yearsClick HERE For Details.
A Community For Couples Trying To Conceive - Click Here To Join
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Most Popular

To Top