Barely two years into his administration, President Muhammadu Buhari is set for a major shake-ups of his administration.
Punch newspaper gathered over the weekend that the changes were going to be ‘earth-shattering’ because a few of the President’s powerful aides and prominent members of the administration would be affected.
Here are likely aides to be affected, according to PUNCH:
1. Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari
2. Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal
3. Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele
4. And some ministers who have been adjudged as under-performing.
5. Former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, would be relief of one of his portfolios.
6. Osinbajo to get greater role and more task
7. Ministerial vacancies for Kogi and Gombe states would be filled, while there would also be an exchange of portfolios.
A source within the administration, who is privy to the details of the planned changes, said the country would soon witness greater synergy between the President and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.