For some days now, the media has been over flooded with the phrase: “my oga at the top”, which emanated from the live interview @channels_TV granted Mr. Sham Obafaiye, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security & Civil Defense Corps. (NSCDC).
Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, I think it should be an eye opener for us.
Now, let’s glean some lessons from this;
1. Be very conversant with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be deadly!
2. Regardless of your qualification, strive to possess a Sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations. He was unable to answer any question appropriately!
3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself. Don’t be too “Boss Conscious”. This was a challenge the man had. He wanted to please his Boss at all cost, hence, the phrase “My Oga at the top”. Refrain from worshiping people! Respect all, fear none. Honor all, worship none!
4. When asked a question and you don’t have an answer, please just open up by saying you don’t know. Better still, say you’ll get back to the person. This led the man to giving “www. nscdc (coughs) that’s all!” as the URL for his organization. Don’t EVER misinform people!
5. In this jet age, it will be highly calamitous to get ready. Please DON’T GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn’t expecting the questions asked.
Bear in mind, that this same interview could have boosted Mr. Sham’s image if successful.
Lesson learnt, now the joke can continue